Friday, October 1, 2010

Who is building these frames?

I do understand that we have certain frames that we have obtained up until now, and those are the frames we see the world through. I think very rarely in todays world are we shown a frame that truly shatters what we have once known. The concept of everyone having a frame and the fact that each person's frame affects everyone else is a brilliant concept, but my question is who is making these frames? Can you just make your own frame? And is it possible to break free of your frame.
The frame concept reminds me of the matrix for some reason; Neo has a frame that he sees life through, but the frame itself is really a construct created by robots in order to enslave humans. Are our own frames enslaving us? Are robots responsible for building theses frames society so readily adopts?
I believe frames are similar to right and wrong, ethics, morals etc. It all depends on timing and what majority sees as right and wrong. I believe it is he masses it is society that makes these frames; And it is the out cast, the eccentric in this world that simply will not except this. They choose to create their own frame...possible in the shape of a circle instead of a square.
In the end this framing idea drives me crazy I do not like the fact that someone is making frames that I have to see life through, I am choosing to make my frame out of something malleable something ready for change and open to even the strangest of frames. The frames have left me with more questions than answers; the frame concept and I have a love hate relationship, but im sure that's just how i'm viewing this whole thing through my personal frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment