Monday, October 25, 2010

A Walk in the Wodds to Remember

It’s a beautiful fall day I thought to myself when I woke up this morning. After my classes I should go for a walk in the woods!

I didn’t really plan on where I was going to walk or for how long. Usually I’m pretty good at keeping track of where I’ve been so that I don’t get lost. I started out around 2:00 P.M and decided I would just head back when the sun started to set, so that gave me about 4 hours in the woods…

I started walking a known trail, but then decided to do some deep woods exploring. I loved walking and hearing the crunch of leaves beneath my feet. The birds singing and chirping as I went by, the amazing fall colors, and the light breeze that ruffled my hair but wasn’t cold made it so there was nothing that beat this sensation of being completely one with nature and my-self in, the middle of the woods. As the sun started setting, creating wonderful yellows, pinks, and oranges in the sky, I decided to head back since I was about 3 hours off the trail (much farther than I had anticipated on going). While walking back, I started to get this feeling that something or someone was watching me. Having seen too many horror movies, I tried to ignore it and continued walking (even though I was still paranoid). I was walking at a decent speed but something in the back of my mind kept telling me to run! I knew enough that I was the most dangerous thing in these woods. But that wasn’t enough to calm my nerves and I started running in the direction I thought was the way back. Somehow, fear had taken over rational thought and I tripped over a fallen log buried under leaves, I twisted around and started to roll down the hill. When I stopped and came to my senses I was at the bottom. In front of me was a really old, broken down house. It looked like a perfect horror movie scene and I cursed myself for being so stupid. I was about to head back up the hill when I heard the door creak open. Something drew me inside, I couldn’t stop myself. I honestly can’t say what happened once inside, but I still have nightmares of being tied down and tortured.

No comments:

Post a Comment