Monday, October 4, 2010

Who let the Dwarves in? by Sarah McCoy

So with all the discussions on who was and wasn't let in to the final Narnia I went back to consider the Dwarves. Should they have been let in or not? Where should they have gone? Are they like Susan?

Even though the dwarves are just sitting somewhere near the stable door, they still appear to be IN Narnia. I disagree with this because what good are they doing there just sitting around "blind" to their surroundings? I am not saying that they don't have the possibility of being there but since they can't believe in it, they shouldn't have gotten in automatically. I think a better place for the dwarves would be not a "hell" but the in between purgatory like spot so that when they finally decided to believe they got to Narnia and further up and further in.

After reading Joy's post about Susan I have to agree with her that Susan just forgot and lost track of the point of Narnia. So I have to say now that she and the dwarves are not alike because the dwarves don't believe or see anything or care about anything but themselves. Susan did care about Narnia at some point. These dwarves on the other hand had lost hope or belief in Aslan or anything else except being dwarves. Its dissappointing but I guess someone had to be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment