Friday, October 8, 2010

My Animal Representation of My Soul



The Barred Owl. Quiet, but smart. Cute, but fierce. Magestic, but small. The perfect fit for the one and only me.


After thinking about my original choice, the lynx, and the other suggestions given to me by my classmates like squid, degu, gibbon, house cat, pug, parrot and moth, I finally decided on the Barred Owl as the one. The minute I read it out loud it made me think hard; it intrigued me. I liked it. After further consideration it was very clear to me that the Barred Owl was a much better choice than a lynx. As is typical in this kind of activity, we think of ourselves more highly and go for something more dramatic than what might really be like us.


I can totally see the Barred Owl as my daemon for many reasons. First of all I love flying. Its one of my favorite modes of transportation. I just love the feeling I get in my stomach as the plane lifts off and lands. Also, I knew my daemon had to be something small. An owl is the perfect size. Owls are also very smart. I like to think that I am also smart. Another think is that owls are very quiet. I know I do at times talk a lot but I believe I talk as much as I listen. Owls are also very pretty birds. Finally, owls, though adorable, can be very fierce if need be. I feel like that is like me too because most of the time I am laid back and nonconfrontational but if something really bugs me or gets on my nerves, I can and will get angry easily and work up an entirely different side to my personality.





No comments:

Post a Comment