Monday, October 25, 2010

Boggart

As I walked to my parents’ house, I knocked on the door. No answer. Taking the key from the hidden spot, I unlocked the door and walked in. “Mom? Dad? Where are you?” That’s funny. Their cars were in the driveway. As I stepped in the door I see someone’s legs on the floor behind the wall. I walked a little further and peered around the corner. “Mom!” She was lying on the floor, motionless and a pool of blood gathered around her body. I rushed over to her and checked her vitals. No pulse. As I looked around I saw another body lying on the ground. “Dad!” His throat was slashed, blood covering his shirt. What happened? Who could’ve killed my parents?


Crying, I wondered if anyone else I was close to was hurt. I thought of all the people closest to me and my boyfriend’s face popped into my head. Anyone after me would use him to get to me. I ran as fast as I could down the road to his house. I burst in the door, not even bothering to knock. As I ran around the house, I found him sitting in his favorite chair.


“Sam!” I ran to him as fast as I could. “Sam! I was so scared! My parents are both dead and I thought you were too!” He looked at me, his piercing blue eyes gazed over me, not focusing on anything. “Sam? Are you okay?” I looked him over and found a stab wound in his stomach. Oh no! Not him too!


As I held his hand, he whispered his dying breath. “Please…help me. Not like this- I don’t want to die like this.” My true love…the one who shared my soul died in my arms, as I sat, helpless and alone.


I searched around his house, searching for the hidden panic room. As I walked in, I shut the door behind me and sat in the center, holding my knees and rocking back and forth, shaking with grief. I sat for hours, waiting for the monster to find me. Oh well. They can’t come in here. I’m safe now. It doesn’t matter…nothing matters anymore. I lost the ones I loved.


Suddenly, I hear heavy breathing. In and out, in and out. The sound of dripping pounds in my ears. Is that blood? Then a dreadful thought came to me. The monster was in here all along…


I waited, wondering when the monster would attack. Then I realized something…I looked at the blood on my hands and clothes, and the knife in my hand, and I realized my worst nightmare. I am the monster, and I hurt the ones closest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment