Monday, October 18, 2010

Beautiful Soul

"I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul"
~ Beautiful Soul chorus, Jesse Mccartney

What makes a soul so meaningful to people? What is a soul? How is a soul different from one's mind?

The dictionary definition of a soul is the principle of life, feeling, thought and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from the body, and commonly held to be separable in existence from the body; the spiritual part of humans as distinct from the physical part. My personal definition is the part of oneself that you can't see that shows who you are and what you have become based on what you have learned and experienced. Its what makes you you.

I think the soul is so meaningful to people and that they would choose it over there mind or body more than not because our soul is our personality. It is consequentially us in the end. Our body is just what holds us and gives us a defined look with our height and hair color and skin color and body types. The mind, although very important, is more like what holds what we have learned and the knowledge of our experiences and what we have come to discover. Its what we take from that knowledge and those discoveries and experiences that forms us and who we are and our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment