Saturday, October 30, 2010

Life oh the Meaning of Life, such a silly Question . . .


Now this is a question that I know has plague everyone’s mind at some point or another. It might be a question that crosses your mind as you lay in the grass and watch the clouds float by, or maybe this was the question that has caused you much deep thought as you contemplated your future goal. But know matter we have all wondered at some point what the meaning to life is. Could it be as simple as a number like in “Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?” I honestly think that this is a very silly idea, but you never know maybe we are over thinking everything and maybe the answer is as simple as 42, we just do not know how to properly phrase the question.
I can remember playing a game with my Dad when I was a little kid (long before the movie came out I would like to add). My little sister or I would ask my Dad a question and he would respond to our question, “42”. Plain and simple this answer was always given as a joke and would be used at any time, whither it was to aggravate or cheer us up, or even just because he didn’t know the actual answer to our question. My Dad then quickly had my sister and I trained to respond with the same answer of “42” to most of his questions, and it become a fun joke among the three of us. But the point was that this answer was silly.
Today I sometimes think that people get way too caught up in “deep” thinking about important topics or serious matters and don’t realize that the answer might actually be very simple or right in front of them. It is good and very philosophical to wonder what the meaning of life might be. For example why are we here? Do we have a purpose? Is there a larger meaning to our existence? but do not get too caught up in these questions and forget to live life. Everyone has his or her own ideas on life, but remember to live each day to the fullest, be happy with your life and I think that you will find all the answers to all of your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment