Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm Alive


Tires screech, the steering wheel turns, and I find myself flying through the air. Metal scrapes against the pavement and my vision goes black. Sometime later, my vision returns and all I can see is blinding flashing lights. The sound of metal cutting metal deafens my eardrums and I move to shield my ears, however, my arms won't move. I then realize my eyes are closed, but they will not open. My throat tries to force out a scream, but no sound is produced. All I can do is lay there in the metal waste of what used to be my Honda Civic. I don't remember how I got there, just all of a sudden I saw myself flying through the air and I woke up finding myself in this helpless state. Suddenly, I felt a gloved hand grab me and pull my limp body out of the wreckage. The noise was tremendous as emergency personnel were rushing around, working together to clear up the mess that me and whoever else was involved with the accident that had occurred. Although my eyes were closed shut, I could see everything that was going on. They placed me on a stretcher and rushed me to the ambulance. The EMTs started to examine my body, checking for a pulse and whether or not I was breathing. "No pulse!" an alarmed voice suddenly called out. There was a lot of bustling around as they pulled out the red paddles and they surged electricity through my chest in order to try and restart my heart. They did this multiple times, but to no avail. Finally, they slowed down and everything seemed to go silent. "We were too late," one of the EMTs said sadly. "She was so young," another said. My body was then lifted and placed into a body bag. "Am I really dead?" I asked myself. It all seemed like a nightmare and I felt like I would wake up in any second, but time passed and the next thing I know, I was naked on a cold steel table. I could smell a strange odor. An older woman was peering above me. "Such a young beautiful girl," she said sadly. She stroked a piece of hair out of my face and then shifted to insert a variety of different needles into my arm. Then I realized where I was. "I'M ALIVE!" I wanted to scream. I tried everything in my power to try and move at least a finger, but nothing happened. There were a series of clicks and a pumping sound began to notify the start of the process. "NO! STOP! I'M STILL ALIVE!" My mind screamed helplessly. Fear pulsated throughout my whole body as the liquid began to slowly enter my veins. "HELP! PLEASE!" I try again, but it's too late. The liquid begins to make its effect and I slowly feel my life pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment