Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Destiny: a glittering trail of fluff or DOOM?

When I think of destiny I think of a set ultimate end; there are many different choices one can make through life, but in the end they end up somewhere pre determined. Whether or not I believe this so called destiny exists, I'm not sure. All I know is that in the end I'm going to die, so none of it really matters anyway.

BUT, when thinking about destiny as pre determined life, I wondered if there are only a select few who have these so called destinies. Are they something we're born with, or does an event have to happen to create it? Take my good friend Harry Potter for example, was it in his life plan to have his parents die when he was but a year old, or was his destiny created after the fact? Because once this event happened, he was raised for the sole purpose of killing Lord Voldemort.

Maybe only super special people have destinies, and the rest of us are just running around with no purpose. I think I rather like not having the responsibility to do something meaningful, I can be selfish and just enjoy my time on Earth with all you folks; sounds good. But if a select few of those special people with ultimate destinies are found in this class, I wish you all the best.




This whole thing is just a tangled mess of confusion, who knows what to believe anymore? I mean, I just learned Santa was abused by creepy elves!


No comments:

Post a Comment