Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What is the destiny of a fat horse?


Hello dear blog, it's been a while. I'll start with a quote, to which my lovely roommate just screamed from over a book:

"Harry Potter... is an orphan... that means he'll be turned into soup!"

What is the nature of this, clearly, abnormal psychology?

Or, perhaps, we can examine this second quote, which she screamed afterward:

"THERE WAS RIB IN MY PITA, DONT YOU REMEMBER?!"

I fear for my life, dear classmates. Jordan is creeping off the edge of her bed, looking at me like a... like a... starving... well, like a college student about to have a nervous breakdown.

Yes! It's finals. Our lives are steadily boiling closer and closer to destruction. What the hell is the point of this anyhow? Why do we rip our hair out every semester's end? It's certainly not because we have five chins, like Dudley Dursley.

Uh, right, philosophy.

Anyway, I don't know if I believe in destiny, but I believe some people have a natch for seeing potentially useful things, even if they don't realize it. A man might walk down the street, searching for his run away daughter, and suddenly feels he should swing by subway. There she is, moping in the corner. They might call it a whim or luck. I suppose I consider it low grade precognition. We can sense things and, if they seem good, we can choose to follow them. Different doors open depending on our every choice, so the future turns on its head whenever we change our minds.

Mostly I just don't like the idea of some obscene force controlling everything I do and everything that happens around me. I'd rather like to take credit for SOME things, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment