Friday, December 10, 2010

My new conference piece and final project

Everyone's comments yesterday about my story idea were very helpful and have helped me edit my idea and make it more reasonable and interesting. I would now like to share my new idea so that you all can see where I really will be going with this and what I will be presenting.

So my story is going to focus on when my dragon meets Shawna and the story is going to be in the dragon's point of view. His name will be Zarkney which was the last name of my previous villan. The fantasy land will still be called Merenasia and the title is still A Walk on the Wild Side. It also will still involve the fantasy and philosophy themes of adventure, right or wrong/good vs. evil, animal-human bond and companionship, courage, love and coming of age. I am also going to try to only let my listeners/readers be aware that Zarkney is a dragon when its the end of the short story. For the most part I will try to make him sound like just another person.

The plot for my story is now the following: Zarkney is fed up with his lot and his home and decides to leave. As he is traveling he notices this girl called Shawna who he starts to follow without her being aware of it. As they travel Shawna almost gets in some trouble with some troublemakers on the road. When Shawna isn't looking Zarkney takes care of it and kills or scares off the troublemakers. This is when Zarkney and Shawna actually come face to face because Zarkney is just too late in going back into hiding when Shawna turns around and sees him. She does freak out at first until she realizes what he has done and starts to trust him and lets him come along with her on her journey. Their bond starts to grow and he begins to like her. The story will end with both characters having matured mentally and the reveal of Zarkney's true persona as a dragon to the readers/listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment