Thursday, December 2, 2010

Buffy vs. Twilight



This is the perfect video for anyone who loves Buffy, hates Twilight, or both!

There's a lot I could say about the philosophy of Buffy, but I'm writing my paper about it so I don't want to ruin my paper. I will say how it relates to Frankenstein, however.

In Buffy season 4 this government agency called the Initiative fights against demons. One of the head people working for the Initiative creates a demonoid cyborg called Adam. Adam is part human, part demon, and part machine and he is extremely strong and powerful because of his demon and machine parts. He could be compared to Frankenstein's monster, except that Adam is evil from the beginning and to everyone. He wants to create a world with creatures like himself to rule it. The first thing that he does when he wakes up is kill his creator. In that season there are also other examples of technology that gets used controversially and brings about destruction, such as putting behavioral modification chips in the soldiers fighting for the Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment