Thursday, December 2, 2010

Destiny and Epica

Okay so I went to my first paid concert over Thanksgiving break for this epic symphonic metal band called Epica! The concert was AMAZING, but that's not my point. I've had one of their songs stuck in my head for the past week and I didn't know the name of it or enough song lyrics to figure out which one it was. Then, last night I went to play my iPod and it was the first song that came up! Is this destiny? Perhaps...especially considering the song is about destiny! Here's the song if you are interested...



So does destiny exist? I don't really have an opinion on the matter. I consider myself a very rational person so I will not believe it unless there is some scientific data proving it or whatever. But I will agree that the thought of destiny usually does make people feel better. If something goes wrong in your life you could just say, "Everything happens for a reason" and feel better about your situation! I just think that the thought of destiny and any sense of higher power gives people hope because they don't want to believe that there is no reason to life and that this is it...you live and then you die and that's the end. People who think that there's no point to life are generally depressed people which is why people generally believe in irrational things. I mean...what's something that people who need help in their lives like something with addiction are told? Believe in a higher power and ask for guidance! The whole basis of AA is accepting help from a force greater than yourself.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love Epica and I love this song! Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete