Sunday, November 14, 2010

True Love

"So, yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable,and well, strangely easy to mistake for loathing.And what I, I'm trying to say Tristan is I think I love you. My heart, if feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it does not belong to me anymore..it belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange. No gifts, no goods, no demonstrations of devotion, nothing but knowing you love me too. Just your heart in exchange for mine."

I know that there can be many kinds of love. Love for your family, friends, pets, interests, yourself and your significant other. The above quote from Stardust I think captures the perfect definition of what true love is between someone and their significant other.

Now sure it is pretty obvious that I am a romantic but why not? Why not let people have something to dream about or strive for? It isn't called automatically obtaining true love. Its finding your true love or soul mate. It isn't suppose to be easy but its worth searching for throughout your life. It is something special to add to your happiness because you will always have your family and you will always keep and make friends, and you can easily get a pet or get passionate about a hobby, and you will always care about yourself. Finding that special someone just completes the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment