Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some Food for Thought!

A friend of mine I know from my internship this summer with Outward Bound just posted this on his facebook, and I just watched it, and I feel I'm going to have to watch it a few more times to completely grasp the full picture...There's a lot in it, but I figured I'd share for those of you who are interested.


It's called "The Empathetic Civilization."



There's so SO much to think about!!!!!


~Are we "soft wired" for compassion, love, empathizing, and belonging?

~Does empathy really mature in a person?

~Does increased selfhood = increased empathy? (...what is selfhood?)

~There's no empathy in heaven?

~Are we all really one, big, happy, dysfunctional family???


Hmmm... Like I said, I still need to gather my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment