Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chaos Soup

So today in class John briefly mentioned chaos soup and I wanted to talk about that some more because I think that in today's society, with everything that is expected of us, I think a lot of us deal with a lot of stress and chaos in our lives.

In our society today there are so many things expected of us. Go to school, get a job, make money, make kids, do this do that. Not to mention that pressure we feel when we do each of those things. I'm going to take school for instance because I'm a student and thats the easiest thing for me to choose is school right now. While in school we have to do work for this class and that class, write this paper, work with this club, do this work to have money, do some volunteer stuff and the list can just go on and on. While in school we get pressure from parents to choose a degree where we will be able to get a good paying job after school. I mean those are just some of the pressures you can feel as a student and thats not even what I like to call "the real world".


In the real world not only do you have a lot of the same stresses as a student might have, but you also have real life stresses like paying bills, taxes, having a relationship?, kids? PTA? soccer, personal life, bosses, jobs you hate but you have because you make money. Having to have what is considered a good house that has the appropriate stuff inside it. TV, cable, phone, groceries. That list could go on for longer than the amount of things a student has to have.

With all of these stresses that come in our lives because of the type of society we live in things can some times feel very chaotic. Hence chaos soup. Heres what I imagine might happen in a normal fake day.

"hey hows it going?"
"oh good ya know"
"thats good. so what can I get you today?"
"oh you know the usual, a big steaming bowl of CHAOS!"

Haha thats just how I see it.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment