Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sorry, Pinocchio, you can never be a real boy

Robots, can NEVER be humans, and here's why:

There are a few things in life we that make us human. One of the major ones (I find myself under the impression and I consider this a major reason) is we reproduce.
There is a process to this, theoretically: we pick a mate, we have sex and at some point we have a baby. It is, primitively, a goal of the race. To make babies to the race continues.

ROBOTS: can never fall in love or reproduce. NO program I can fathom could make a robot reproduce. I really don't think the robot could ever go through a cycle that is so essential to our existence that is so....I guess the word would be organic. If someone can tell me how a robot would reproduce sperm and form an egg and then make the to come together and form a baby for nine months, please tell me cause I honestly can't figure one out.

I could possibly see the program being able to make the robot pick it's life mate. Love is also something that is very essential to being a human, feels are part of what makes us human. It's something we all feel. You can't fake feeling love. But that would not be what the robot would feel. All love is really, is a chemical way for our brain to tell us that is the mate we want for the rest of our lives. Our brain is telling us (by making us feel love) we could procreate the species with that one. But would a robot feel the same thing? If they don't, I don't think they can be considered the equivalent to us. That just makes them another things that exists. I don't think if a robot can't feel the burning desire to talk to someone and be with someone for the rest of our lives, then that can't make them human.

I know a rebuttal to this is going to be: then do you consider animals equivalent to us then? Because if you do, then you're being racist.
My response to this question is, no but they deserve rights. They feel, they breath, they are organic and are created by something bigger than us. (whether that's god or just the functioning system of life say whatever you like but I sure don't have the talent to pull cells out of thin air and make the DNA code so it creates a bunny) But anyways: animals breath, procreate, and can genuinely feel emotions. They aren't humans, but they exist so they deserve rights too.

Robots deserve rights, but they should never be called a human (Pinocchio.... he's just special)

No comments:

Post a Comment