Monday, November 8, 2010

The Future, mmm just a little complicated



“When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.”
-Dale Carnegie

Ok, so to get this blog started I would like to state that the whole argument of humans and robots not exactly interesting. This might be in part that I find the idea of humans being controlled by machines or humans becoming machines due to technology flat out scary or it might be in part that I just don’t find it interesting in the least bit and sort of see it as a round about argument, but none the less we are currently discussing this is class, so here are my two bits.
I think that there is a difference between humans and robots, as some one mentioned in class I think that difference is emotions. A robot is not created and has the ability to expression emotions it is something that they have to learn and then apply to different situations, while humans are born with emotions that we act and react upon. Though I guess with the way that technology is progressing so drastically a robot could be programmed well enough that it could include all emotions and situations to act and react upon. It is really all mind boggling, which might be one reason why I choose to not think about it very often. I am perfectly content living in a life of happy oblivion. I wonder if with the advances of technology, will life actually become more complicated instead of less complicated. Life will most likely with less complicated in regards to labor but I think that social and cultural problems, those problems that require a lot of thinking and work to solve, will increase in frequency thus making life more complicated then it was before. It will be interesting to see how the world changes in the next years and the influence that technology has on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment