Monday, September 13, 2010

A World Without Humans

What if the world had no humans? I can’t think of anything else that would make the world a perfect place than if we were to take away all the humans. Think about it for the world and the animals’ points of view. The environment would be ideal and there would be less pollution and no deforestation because of petty reasons. All the animals would live as they should without the threat of humans killing them and their homes. If there were endangered animals it would not be because of humans’ fault.


There is a quote from The Matrix that really made me think and it’s one of my favorite quotes. Agent Smith tells Morpheus, “I'd like to share a revelation during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we are the cure.” This quote really speaks to me.


Some people might think that if there was a world without humans, other animals would evolve to take the place of humans and act like humans, but what if it’s the humans that don’t know any better and all the animals do? This reminds me of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. There is a quote that says, “For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.”

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would like not existing; though I get your point.

    ReplyDelete