Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lies I Tell You!

There were a lot of thoughts running through my head in class today about the Theories of Truth. One of the things discussed was inter-subjectivity; if we all believe something to be true together, then it is.

I say NO.


I like to think that everyone has their own reality; yes we interact with each other and often come to the same consensus, but I ask you, is it really the same? What if what I see as the color blue, you see as my version of red? We would both identify the color as blue, but it would really be different. If I were to describe my reality to you it would sound exactly the same, but the meanings of the words used could be completely different; you would think we see the same things in the same way, but they could be completely DISCOMBOBULATED!

What if you don't even exist? All of you are just people I created that I interact with; that's right, it's all about me. You would of course disagree and might even possibly think No Jordan, it's all about me, YOU and the rest of the world are simply characters I have placed in MY world; MY reality. Well my friends, classmates, beings of the Universe...we are all wrong.

The truth is, Harry Potter rules the Universe.

I have this picture as proof!



You see? As the Correspondence Theory CLEARLY states, seeing is believing; therefore I know you think it true!

HA!

original picture: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Harry+potter+decaf&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=608

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god you're an inspiration to us all

    also Lara's an asshole

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lara is an asshole, but that picture is an awesome way to prove the point. I'm not sure if i agree with you or not (just because the whole thing is very confusing and i feel like i need to ponder about it more before i come to a conclusion) but that picture is a very good point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you guys are the assholes!! :]
    by the way jordan, this is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete